1 year Participatory Arts/Drama Workshop conceptualised and led by Access Path Productions trainers.
1 hr 45 mins hands-on Drama Workshop with clients from the Christian Outreach of the Handicapped (COH) centre in Tampines and Toa Payoh.
Monthly Cultural Immersion Program where clients visit 9 cultural venues and institutions (theatres, galleries, museums etc)
Volunteering Program where corporate partners are paired with clients in a drama workshop or cultural visit context. Volunteers will undergo disability equality and awareness training with Access Path Productions.
Throughout the process, participants will be exposed to visual, aural and tactual stimulus all within a safe space with the guidance and support from APP trainers and the staff of COH.
- To discover and harness the existing creativity of each participant through highly interactive drama games and performance-making techniques
- To forge meaningful affective connections between mainstream and disabled contexts.
Goals and Desired Outcome
At the end of the 1 year program, for COH clients with creative potential, skill transference over a 1 year period will include and result in:
- Basic vocal training
- Enhanced body and spatial awareness through music and movement
- Greater confidence in self-expression and embodying the supportive spirit of community building
- Clients will be constantly encouraged to share personal resources (ideas, opinions, desires and dreams etc) and demonstrate good values of kindness, concern and patience with one another)
This program offers clients a platform to explore their identities, to tell their stories, and connect with peers through high quality multi-sensory projects. The program’s multi-sensory music and movement component is specially researched and tailored for adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities, bringing the joy of music and movement to clients on an evocative and therapeutic level.